Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dedaddy's Sour Cream Pound Cake

This is my grandfather's recipe. A family favorite.

---

2 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 cups flour (sift then measure)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In one bowl stir together flour and baking soda. In another large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time until well mixed. Add the vanilla and almond extract. Alternate mixing in the flour mixture and the sour cream. Place in a greased and floured bundt pan. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Cheryl, I baked "Dedaddy's Sour Cream Cake" last week. It was good ,but not as good as the one your Mom made for us.I remember hers being a melt in your mouth taste,mine wasn't.Maybe if I bake it often enough,I'll get the hang of.Thanks ,Ann

Cheryl Butler said...

Ann,

I will ask her what her secret is. I still sometimes don't get it to come out right either.